During These Uncertain Times, We’re Still Doing Everything We Can To Help Keep You Moving.
In light of the Government announcement, we’ve made some changes to ensure our customers can continue to move safely throughout lockdown. At this time, we are very much open as usual during lockdown 2.0. We have put together some handy FAQ’s to answer all of your COVID-19 concerns.
Are your offices open as normal during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes – Our offices remain open on an appointment basis and our colleagues remain available for viewings and market appraisals. However, we have put in place enhanced controls. Our offices are slightly subject to social distancing, hand sanitiser is required on entry and everyone is required by law to wear a face-covering (unless medically exempt). If visiting one of our offices please let us know in advance so that we know when to expect you.
To ensure we can conduct viewings and appraisals safely, we will be ensuring the following guidelines are adhered to:
- Adherence to social distancing rules
- Wearing PPE e.g. face coverings
- Occupiers leaving the property during a viewing
- Viewings should be limited to 15 minutes
- No more than 2 households should be present, with the agent counting as one household.
- As few people as possible should be at the property.
Can I sell my property without a face-to-face appointment?
Yes – virtual viewings will be used whenever possible to help limit the number of people visiting your property. We also offer video call appraisals where we can offer you a remote valuation based on the latest market conditions, without having to visit. You can book your virtual valuation on our online tool.
How can I offer property viewings safely?
If you are happy to continue to do property viewings yourself during these times, we recommend following some basic guidelines to keep both you and the view safe:
- The property should be well ventilated with fresh air prior to a visit
- All light switches, door handles and other key contact surfaces should be sanitised with a disinfectant prior to arrival
- All lights should be on and internal doors open, this is to minimise touchpoints
- Where possible children should not be present in the property and should vacate whilst we are in attendance
- Aim to limit the time in the property and answer any potential buyers questions either outside or in a well-ventilated room.
Is the housing market still open during the pandemic?
While we have seen noticeable delays in the sale of properties due to longer wait times for searches or delays due to self-isolation, the property market is still very much open for business. So there is no reason to put your property purchase on hold at this time, in fact as well as seeing a demand in sales the latest data from Rightmove shows that house prices are largely working in the Sellers favour.
Our local property experts will always be here to go the extra mile to ensure that your sale is successful and as safe as possible.